RMT and massage therapy payment processing and merchant accounts
RMTs and message therapists have unique challenges when they want to accept credit cards and debit cards. The primary concern we hear is generally the ability to have a simple and flexible way to accept payments. Therapists may work in a studio or be at a client location, so payments need to accepted wherever they are. The second key concern is price. That is why we have created the most inexpensive payment solution for massage therapists that process over $50,000 per year.
The payment terminals for massage therapists
- Payment terminal at your studio. This is where At a customer comes to you and you accept payments with either a mobile app, a terminal, or a virtual terminal.
- At a customer's location. If you're mobile and go to customers' location, you can either user a mobile app or a wireless terminal.
- Some therapists have solutions for repeat customers or subscription services. In this case, they use a email invoicing that sends an email with a "Pay Now" button
Ways massage therapists can grow your revenue and profit with the right payment processing solution
- Start accepting credit cards. Customers generally like to pay with credit card for the main reason of collecting credit card points. RMTs and massage therapists have noticed around 20% increase in revenue primarily due to returning clients when they start accepting credit cards.
- Make sure your merchant account accepts all types of credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, China Union Pay, Diners, JCB, Discover and AMEX.
- If you want to increase your profit, make sure you can also accept debit cards. The cost to accept credit cards is around 2% and $0.08 per transaction. The cost to accept debit cards is only $0.08 per transaction.
- If you have many repeat customers, offer the service to send an email invoice, so they can pay online by clicking a "Pay Now" button. This flexibility helps retain customers.
Payment features for RMTs and massage therapists
- Clearly Payments offers a full merchant account with your business name appearing directly on your customers' credit card statements. Keep in mind, when you use Square or PayPal, your business name is altered on statements.
- Funds go directly into your bank account without holds or delays common with other payment solutions
- You get funds either same day or next day, depending on the time of day you accept a payment
- You can accept all credit cards and debit cards, even international credit cards
- Full transaction and settlement reporting
- An extra feature with the ability to securely store the credit card information for your repeat customers. This means you don't need to fumble with their credit card each time they come to you.
Ready to find out more?
We'll take you through all the steps to learn about how you can grow your cause.